4 Tips for Choosing the Right Domain for Your Canadian Business
- These 4 tips can help you choose the right domain for your business:
- Include Brand Name and Keywords – The first thing you need to do is to check whether or not your brand name is available as a domain. If the business brand is already taken, it is recommendable to use related keywords instead. You can add keywords to the domain name like your business industry, products, services, location, and etc.
- Keep it Short and Memorable – Choose a catchy name and the online users will never have a problem with locating your online business. Make sure to avoid long words or numbers as this will confuse your visitors.
- Consider Common Typos and Alternate Spellings – In order to avoid losing website traffic and potential customers, consider the option of registering all variations and combinations as well as, possible misspellings of your domain name.
- Select the Right Top-Level Domain – One domain has two pieces, the first piece is everything to the right of the dot and this is called the top-level domain such as .com, .org, .CA, and others, and the second piece is everything to the left of the dot and this is called second-level domain such as your business name, and etc.
If you are a Canadian business website that sells to Canadian customers, we recommend you to use the .Ca domain extension.